Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Halloween trick?

Suspicious?

-----Original Message-----
From: UK LOTTERY [mailto:cc-district-clerk@sbcglobal.net]

Sent: Friday, October 09, 2009 9:13 AM

To: undisclosed recipients:

Subject:
You have just been awarded, £800.000.00 GBP in the UK Online Promo, send us yourNames,Address,Country,Sex/Tel.

You got to be kidding me. While I do not get much spam email, I did receive this little gem. Anyone who responds to this is at best wasting their time and maybe their money. Don’t do it. If you do, email me your horror story to share.

The only thing I can attribute my lack of spam to is Go Daddy hosting my email. I don’t do anything special beyond the usual precautions. I run Norton, Windows Defender, CCleaner, and Malwarebytes.

I am installing the Microsoft “October big drop” update for Windows XP. One interesting thing I picked up is Windows Malicious Software Removal Tool - October 2009. I might drop Malwarebytes if windows has as good a tool.

If you have any comments please drop me a line.
Paul@PaulGoda.com

No comments: